Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tutu's and True Religion


Today Brooke decided to go all out for swim class, so she dressed up in her fancy pink tutu swim suit courtesy of Nikos. Now - you might think this suit is a little over the top, but there was not a single parent at the YMCA Berkeley who could control themselves from asking me where I got the suit and generally gushing about how insanely cute Brooke was this morning. I figured, while we were at it...I might as well add some accessories, so I put a bow in her hair too! Too bad Nikos was sick and missed it! I know he is probably looking at this photo and drooling.

Sadly, Brooke was not the only one with a fashion moment today. I made it a solid 33 days before I broke one of my New Years resolutions. Today at Costo...repeat...COSTO, they were selling True Religion jeans for $100. I mean...what was I to do?? I stood there...paralyzed. Then..I knew that if anyone could talk me off the ledge, it would be Jack...the destroyer of all shopping aspirations. I don't know if it was the chocolate cake sample that we just ate and then followed up with a sample of Jose Cuervo margaritta mix (sans tequilla), but Jack actually said "you should get those". WHAT?? This never happens....jeans half off and my husband is actually telling me to spend the money and buy them. So in this dream state...I put them in the cart next to our jumbo bag of hoagie rolls and giant platter of cheese...and broke one of my NY resolutions right there in Costco. At least I'm not pregnant.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hysterical. All of it. Really.