This was the view from the time share we stayed at with the
Romios family this weekend. Don't adjust your screen - that is snow! It got down to 31 degrees at night -
brrr. Jack warned me at least 3 times before we left on this trip that the weather was going to be cold...but I told him he was just being a Debbie Downer! I mean - we NEVER go anywhere and I was so excited to go on vacation...our first vacation as a family of 3...and I could only imagine sunny weather and white sand at Zephyr Cove. It was like I became Clark
Griswald and Tahoe became Wally World and Nikos and Brooke became Rusty and Audrey! I digress...

Backing up a bit...we started the trip off as one big happy family.
Taki had to take
Bosco to his spa in Mill Valley..so Heather took the middle seat in between Nikos and Brooke. She literally could not get out of her seat. She
pee'd in a cup. Kidding.

This photo does not do this scene justice. This is a picture taken on the side of I-80..outside of
Fairfield. After stopping at McDonald's (road trip!) and eating some of his mom's tasty cheeseburger...Nikos blew chunks and it was insane! I mean...down the jeans, through his polo, his undershirt and his
onesie! Heather being stuck (literally) and my door opening to freeway traffic....Jack was the only man for the job! Nikos got naked on I-80 and we were in hysterics! So WT!

Since we arrived in Tahoe before
Taki (who had all of their clothes) Nikos had to borrow some of Brooke's duds since his were... um...not clean. I'm sorry Nikos...but we had to do this. Brooke still thinks you
da' man.

Because we were snowed in...we had to come up with rainy day activities for the kids. We brought this red wagon...because...again...I am delusional and envisioned us going to the beach with our kids in it. But instead..we dragged them around the hallways of the time share. Still cute though! I like how they have road-
eez.

More indoor rainy games. Jack and Brooke
chillin.

The Ridge also has an indoor pool and a great gym! So the kids still got some swimsuit action. I chose to work-out and be the picture taker. I am not delusion about wearing a swimsuit.

Here's Brooke and I in the lodge after her swim and my workout. My face is bright red! Altitude does not suit me! But Brooke looks like a cutie as always.

Ha ha ha ha. This picture is making me laugh while I write this. On Sunday we took a really great hike! It was chilly so we had the kids put on hats...Brooke gave hers to her dad. He looks like a giant tomato! I think it kind of fits him.

Family photo!


Nikos: I am not looking at the camera for yet another forced picture with the two of us. And what's more...I will not wear my left sock.
Brooke: I think this cheetah print makes me look like I'm trying too hard.

Brooke just told Nikos that he is getting prune juice later.


Brooke has started walking! She still loves to hold on to daddy's hand though!


After a long hike...Brooke and Nikos went to
Applebee's. Nikos has only had a few sips and he's already talking to angels.

First time eating off the kids menu! Chicken fingers got a thumb's up!

After we put the kids to bed...we played BlackJack with M&M's as our money. Jack was the big winner and also...quite artistic.

And...just to end our trip on a random note...Brooke and I pose with a giant candy corn. A shout out to Heather who loves these candies and for inviting us to Tahoe! We had a blast (even without the beach)!
4 comments:
Ok, I am STILL laughing out loud at the picture of Nikos. That's one for the books!
Wahoo - great post and so speedy. I appreciate your consciuos decision to NOT get into the water in a swimsuit. You will notice I just hid myself behind a giant crab raft. Ha!
HAHAHA! Loving this hysterical post and Niko blowing chunks. Poor boy will never live this down. If this is his prom date reading this in 2025 - you can wear the tux.
WOW! Katie I am soo impressed by your blog!! Love keeping up with the adventures of the D'Angelo crew!!
Post a Comment