Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OMG - Do NOT Give Me Scissors!

Ok - so Brooke's bangs were getting a little bit long. I was hoping that they would naturally go to the side...but no luck. Our daycare even commented that we should cut her hair. So I did. Oh yes I did. Boy did I ever.

.....here is a "before" picture


And After!!!! How horrible is this! Seriously - if you are not laughing out loud...something is wrong with you...or maybe you secretly like "the bowl" and are a little jealous..but I doubt it. I did this awful damage in ONE cut with the scissors! In a rookie move, we put her on Jack's lap and I went to cut and of course, she moved right when I snipped.

Here's a close up in case you are not realizing how BAD this really is. It's so short, I can't even put a clip in the front. Booo! I have always stunk at art and anything that had to do with small motor skills. And besides...I am left handed and was using right handed scissors (from our butcher block)!
She's still beautiful though! And thank heavens...her hair will grow back. If not...there's always extensions....(what)?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

LITERALLY TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. It caught me so off guard! Next stop, Niko's haircutting place. Don't worry Brooke - you're still beautiful!

Anonymous said...

In all fairness, katie was also trying to pack for a trip and had a very stressful day....

Unknown said...

Holy crap, that is hilarious. I laughed so hard. The close up is priceless. She looks great Katie...its just your commentary that's funny.

Unknown said...

www.coolcutsforkids.com
There's one right by your house. Bookmark the link for next time!

Sarah said...

I had to come back to look again! I think the best part is how happy she is.

Jeff said...

Et Tu Mommy

Sara said...

I love it!! She has no clue that her bands were butchered! I think the best part is that you pulled the scissors from the knife block for the job. She's still adorable, though :)

Taki said...

This is money. Good thing she is still so cute! Cool Cuts is where we went for Nikos' cut too - in Rockridge. In fact, I think we have to go back again so maybe we can make it a tandem trip!

Oh - and this is Heather, obviously, just logged in under Taki.