Last Monday - a holiday no less - I was home sick on the couch after catching a virus that Brooke ended up getting at daycare. I think I hit a new low being 8 months pregnant and throwing up. And shocker, on Wednesday, Jack woke up super sick and had to stay home from work with horrible chills and all the other fun stuff. So that evening I picked Brooke up from daycare and decided we should run an errand so that Jack could rest some more.
While driving to Babies R Us - I was definitely aware that I was having some stomach pain. And it felt worse than your typical Braxton Hix fake out.
Figuring it was just a tummy ache, we forged on to the store where I just got more uncomfortable and decided that maybe we should go home.
Jack was actually online doing his Wednesday class when we got home and the minute he finished I told him that I should call Kaiser.
Sure enough - they sent me to Labor & Delivery. We put Brooke to bed and Big Jack was here in a flash so that we could go to the hospital. I was in fact having contractions, and rather than going away on their own, they got longer and stronger. So after 2 exams, 2 doses of medication to stop the contractions and 4.5 hours....they let us go home at 1am. Um..this is the same day that Jack woke up sick! We were quite the pair. They basically put me on bed rest thru this weekend and then asked me to work from home for the following week assuming all is well. Baby Jack needs to cook some more!
On Friday, due to the storms, Jack was asked to work a shift from 2 - 10pm in what I call their storm center. It's not, but sounds cooler right? So he left work to go get his car from BART and it had been broken into!! ARGH! Do NOT park at Fruitvale BART ever. This is the 2nd time his truck has been broken into in the same BART station and he was only parked there because he knew he was going to have to go down 880 later in the day. LAME!
I did manage to take Brooke for an ice cream treat on Friday night while Jack was working late (I felt like I was violating my own parole) and she devoured it! Since it's not a post without a pic...here it is. Don't worry - I helped :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment